Herzlich Willkommen auf Weltverschwoerung.de

Angemeldete User sehen übrigens keine Werbung. Wir freuen uns wenn Du bei uns mitdiskutierst:

America's "Little Sister"

truth-searcher

Vollkommener Meister
17. April 2002
Hunble schrieb:
[Question: If you are wrong, can we drop the chemical and biological weapons that will be find in Iraq on Berlin and Paris?

Question back:

If YOU are wrong, can we invade your country, kill innocent civilians and your government?

We would set up a new government with people that WE think are good for America and who will not break international law, and we would redistribute the wealth of the American people in a way that WE find appropriate.

How would you like that?

(P.S. Of course I am not serious about wanting to do that in the US. Doing it to America would be just as wrong and unjust as it is now against Iraq!)

chirac.gif

Greetings,
truth-searcher

Lilith

Geheimer Meister
20. Oktober 2002
Dear Hunble,

I think you're still sleeping and dreaming stars and stripes... and maybe a government that will do his best to keep you cosy and safe.
By the way I found the posting of a Canadian in the World wide Web that I want to offer to you. Please read it, because I agree with him in many points...

by - Alex-506 (Sun Mar 23 23:46:51) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since "Bowling for Columbine" is a film which tries to stir and agitate (I say that as a compliment), I'll take on many of the issues of this post.

- First, Michael Moore. Although I agree with him 100% politically, and treasure the fact that he is one of the few people on the left willing to actually stand up and speak out in more than the usual impotent sign-bearing protests, I think that he as a person is a hypocrite and a jerk (even though, of course, I don't know him). He is sanctimonious, self-promoting and self-congratulatory. He bends the facts over and over again in his "documentaries". He tries to seem like a man of the people, but notice the smug way in which, in his film "Bowling for Columbine", he says: "...she worked at minimum wage serving milkshakes to rich white guys". Rich white guys...isn't that what Moore is?

- The movie "Bowling for Columbine". First, it is not a documentary if by documentary we mean non-fiction. It is painfully obvious that there are fabrications in the film. I would even accuse it of being left-wing propaganda. However, I am left-wing, so I wasn't bothered by its one-sidedness. God knows we get enough right-wing propaganda from Bush, Rumsfeld, and CNN. As for the film itself, it's one of the best of 2002, even if it isn't completely true: it's funny, thought-provoking, shocking at times, brilliantly edited, and packing a surprising emotional wallop. Even if you disagree with the politics of the film (which I don't), it's hard to deny its remarkable fluidity and ability to get one thinking.

- Moore's acceptance speech. Perhaps inappopriate, perhaps not. On the inappopriate side, it seemed to be far too angry and vicious, and Moore was unfairly using his 45 seconds to promote himself and decry those he disagreed with politically. On the appropriate side...Moore was using his 45 seconds to decry those he disagreed with politically. I think that Moore honestly feels that this war in Iraq is a travesty (as I do). Imagine for a moment that Moore had won the Golden Bear in Germany for his film sixty years ago, and he had used his acceptance speech to cry out against Hitler. Obviously, he would have been killed...but my point is, would it have been inappropriate just because it was an awards ceremony? I don't think so. Now, I'm not comparing Hitler to Bush, but I'm saying that if Moore truly believes that the war in Iraq is a crime against humanity (again, as I do) then he was right to speak out, even if it was at an entertainment awards ceremony.

Now, I will deal with some of the major issues confronting America today (even though I am Canadian):

- September 11th. A true tragedy, not only for the 3,000 innocent people who died, but also for the horrible ways in which the world (but mostly America) has changed into a paranoid, fascist state. One person who posted said that he guessed "Moore hadn't had any relatives or friends not coming home after September 11th". Well, no, he didn't, and neither did I. But many of the September 11th relatives of victims said that they did not support this war, because they "experienced shock & awe first-hand, and no innocent person should ever experience it again."

What bothers me is that many Americans (including some on this post board and including that most horrible of people, Donald Rumsfeld) have argued against growing anti-American sentiments springing from this war by saying that "there was no reason or provocation for the attack on September 11th". This is a statement mixing naivete with ignorance. How can people delude themselves into thinking that? I am by no means forgiving the attacks (I feel that any attack on another human being is horrible), I am merely stating what the terrorists' resentments were about. Do these people think that the terrorists just picked America on the map for some random reason? Obviously, they disagreed with America's hypocritical foreign policy. Pinochet, Shah of Iran...do these names mean anything to you Americans who say that there was no reason for the attacks on Sept. 11th? Of course there was a reason. The terrorists, in the most horrible and cowardly manner imaginable, were punishing the innocent citizens of America for the crimes of the American government. Bush can spew all his nonsenicle lines about "attacks on freedom", but they just mask the issue. Do you really think these people (the terrorists) wake up in the morning and say "Gee, I think I'm going to attack freedom today." Of course not.

- The war with Iraq. Boy, I don't know where to start. On one hand, I know that Saddam Hussein is a terrible dictator who has committed countless atrocities to other nations, and perhaps most horribly, to his own people. There is no question that to our Western value system, the Iraqis would be better off without him. But what about to their value system? It's hard for us Westerners to comprehend, but many people in the Middle East have become so accustomed to thousands of years of the power in the hands of the few that they embrace it. Does this mean that we should just ignore Saddam's crimes against humanity? No, not at all. If their is clear anti-Saddam sentiment in Iraq, yet Saddam has military advantage, then it would be the international community's duty to remove any weapons from Saddam's possession, thus leveling the playing field. But Bush is skipping this step and just going straight after Saddam and then promising to "install a democracy". Install a democracy? Isn't this a contradiction in terms? To draw an (albeit simplified) parallel to the US, did American democracy begin by another superpower coming in and bombing the hell out of the British rulers so that the Americans could be free? No, they fought for themselves. In that sense, the democracy was installed as a reflection of the wants of the people. Isn't that what democracy is? So how can Bush claim to be "installing a democracy"? It just doesn't make any sense.

Now, so far, I have been operating under the assumption that the US government's motives are pure and that they do have a legitimate desire to rid the world of evil. That assumption is, as most people throughout the world who aren't glued to CNN know, completely false. I didn't see the US government shedding any tears when a democratically elected government in Algeria was overthrown by a dictator. What about Saudi Arabia? Their regime is even more brutal than Saddam's (very hard to imagine), and yet the US lets them get away with it. Why? Could it have anything to do with the fact that Saudi Arabia has pledged its allegiance to the US and that it is a large trading partner in the field of, you guessed it, petroleum? Nah, couldn't be. Not when most of the US cabinet, including the commander-in-chief himself, have huge investments in oil companies. Just like installing a puppet regime in Iraq that will comply with American oil demands couldn't have anything to do with this war. Nah, that's too far fetched. I should just go back to by tree-hugging, right?

But, for a moment, I'll return to the assumption that Bush's motives are pure and that he is trying to do what he believes is right. Fine. But now we get to this sticky matter of him acting unilaterally, separate from the UN. Even if Bush is "right" (and in the end, there can be only one judge of right and wrong...God, Allah, Jehovah, whatever you want to call him/her/it), then his ignoring the process of the UN opens up a very messy can of worms. You may agree with the US' bombing the hell out of Iraq in order to "liberate" them (I guess there is no better liberation than death), but now that the UN has been proved as impotent as a WWE referee, total world chaos is soon to follow. India could send nuclear weapons to Pakistan because they feel they are an "imminent threat", or vise versa. Ditto for the whole Israel-Palestine situation. China could invade Taiwan under the same guise as the US's invasion of Iraq. We are already seeing the beginning of this phenomenon, just days into the war, with the whole Turkey-Kurdistan situation. So even if you do agree with Bush (and I don't), there can be no denying that by ignoring the UN he has opened up the door for anyone who feels like it to do what they want. How can that possibly protect our safety?

This brings us to this whole "imminent threat" crap that has been floating out of the mouths of Rumsfeld & Ashcroft ever since 9/11. It's FASCISM 101. One of the principles of America is that people are innocent until proven guilty, and the government has no right to invade the privacy of its citizens based on suspicions of danger. That all flew out the window, as Pres. Bush, who in his oath swore to "uphold the Constitution", began scribbling over it with his Patriot Act and other such laws that are the building blocks of a new Police State. To attack Iraq because they are an imminent threat is ridiculous. Even Rumsfeld himself said that at worst, Iraq wouldn't even have the capabilities to attack for another one-five years. One-five years!!! That's ridiculous! I live in Canada. Whose to say that in a hundred years, Canada and the US won't be bitter enemies? By the Bush's administration's definition, Canada is an "imminent threat". Why don't we just go to war and get the whole thing over with right now? (By the way, even though I am a proud Canadian, for you Americans out there...there's no need to point out that you guys would kick our asses. That's obvious.)

Unfortunately, I think that this attack on Iraq is the beginning of a new US policy of "Americanizing" the entire world. Bush has constantly used words like "crusade" in describing the invasion of Iraq. CNN can show a dozen Iraqis hugging US soldiers, but there is no question that there is a growing anti-USA sentiment not only in the Arab world, but in the entire world, even in Canada where I live. (By the way, notice I said anti-USA rather than anti-American. Right now, I am against the US government. But I will never be against Americans. I love America and the principles it stands for, and some of my best friends are Americans.) Bush today used a phrase: "we will try to bring a normal life to the people of Iraq". Normal? According to who? The answer is according to Bush's Christian, white, American view of the world. Normal for him means a consumer who is part of the free-trade, globalization process that America has been pushing. Normal is a guy who eats at McDonald's and drives an SUV. Even Donald Rumsfeld has admitted that this strike on Iraq is part of a new strategy of "connectivity"...that is, getting every nation to participate in the world economic market. Because, when all the anti-war and pro-war rhetoric gets tossed aside, what it all comes down to is money. That's the whole reason for this war. Oil money, reconstruction money, money from the Iraqi people, money from the American people. Money, money, money. That's the one thing that all nations can agree on.

PS Despite this antiwar tirade, which I'm sure will be attacked, I'd like to wish the very best to the troops overseas, and to the people of Iraq. May God (or Allah) watch over you and remind us humans that we all share this green Earth (to quote JFK).

PS # 2 In another post, an American said to us Canadians that we can afford to be peaceful because we're like the US's little brother. Hmm...a bit ignorant. First of all, it's the chicken and the egg. Does the US go to war because they are violent or are they violent because they have to go to war? And secondly, Canadian troops were in WWII in 1939, when the war started, because we knew that Hitler was an evil that needed to be fought. Many Canadians fought bravely, and sadly, several Newfoundlanders (who have long been looked-down upon) were put on the front lines as basically fodder for German bullets. Now, there is no comparison between the Canadian military and the US military (largely due to the fact that the USA has 10 times the pop. of Canada and also spends way more on the military). There's no doubt that the second World War would not have been won without the US. However, the great moral police of the World, the US, did not join the war until two years later, when they themselves were attacked. They were perfectly willing to let Europe duke it out amongst themselves. So what if Hitler was exterminating millions. The Americans didn't care until Pearl Harbour was bombed. So don't accuse Canadians of being the wimpy little bros. of America. We are a moral people, and no, we're not getting involved in this war...because 80% of Canadians know that it is an immoral war...just like most people who don't buy into Bush/Blair's crap know.

http://german.imdb.com/title/tt0310793/board/thread/1026014

best wishes and regards

Light+Love
Lilith

tsuribito

Vorsteher und Richter
27. September 2002
Back to topic.
This girl enlisted as a soldier. She was taken Pow and was obviously treated well.
Why would someone be proud of her just as a matter of fact. I mean if i sent 100€ to every german and allied Pow from World War 2, i would be a poor man.
They are all soldiers and that is a part of their job.

I like the thesis of someone supporting Saddam by taking away his weapons very much :)

Trasher

Ritter der ehernen Schlange
10. April 2002
This chick has been brought to a safe place and several doctors do care about her while day by day countless Iraqi people lose their parents, husbands, wifes and children. If somebody needs your 100 bucks, then this is an iraqi civilian.

samhain

Ritter Rosenkreuzer
10. April 2002
>>Actually, this war between America and Iraq was so very well done, that it will be studied for the next 100 years or more.

Seriously, in the last two weeks, the American military has broken all historical records. It is simply amazing to watch!<<

you would be simply amazed, what this fucking war brings to the world and specially to your country.

for the most people in the world, america is the terrorist number 1.
the people will not forget the terror, that you're bring in the name of democracie.
they will not forget the dead, the hurt and crying.
you're bring hate!
with every bomb that drops, it will get more worse.

but the time will come, the terror you bring, comes back to you.
not in the dimension of this war, but as permanent pricks of a needle.
and no one of your super weapons will you're preserve your from this.

then you're really not safe anymore.

maybe, then the most americans (I accent "most" because not all the people in america are stupid patriots...) awake and see in what a mess they are.

but then it is to late, no god will help you, because maybe you don't know this, but god is NOT an american and you're not the chosen people, anyway what you're completely mad president believes.

america is a dying giant.

I'm sure, one time you will remind this words...

argos

Geheimer Meister
28. August 2002
Wahrscheinlich hat sich die Dame die Jacke in der Tür eingeklemmt und den kleinen Finger gebrochen, und jetzt bauschen die das auf Heldenmäßig.

Wäre immerhin möglich.

Und für alle Imperialisten hier:

Maybe she just jammed her jacket in the truckdoor, and broke her pinky finger, and pentagon now makes a big deal of it.

Could be possible

Trasher

Ritter der ehernen Schlange
10. April 2002
Es ging meiner Meinung nach von Anfang an um eine gezielte Medienaktion. Es waren angeblich noch mehr GI's in dem Krankenhaus aber das Wichtigste war, dieses Mädel da raus zu holen, nicht irgend so ein fettbäuchiges Trampeltier.
Es zieht die Bevölkerung auf die Seite des Militärs wenn diese Mitgefühl zeigen.

Gurke

Großer Auserwählter
25. März 2003
Wurde vor ne Weile n Trara gemacht, weil sie schon für tot gehalten wurde. Denke nur deshalb.

Zissel

Geheimer Meister
14. Juli 2002
Bleibt doch beim Englisch ;)

@Trasher(Auch auf Englisch, um alle daran teilhaben zu lassen): Right, they found other missing soldiers, but they were dead. They said there were 11 bodies. 9 Soldiers of the 507th Maintenance Company(Pfc. Lynch´s Unit) are still listed as MIA...

Agarthe

Vorsteher und Richter
10. April 2002
@Zissel: sehe ich jetzt im Moment keine Veranlassung zu, ehrlich gesagt. Er war seitdem schon mehrmals wieder online und hat sich in diesem Thread nicht mehr gemeldet, wahrscheinlich kein Bock. :wink:

Ich finde diese Propaganda auch nur lächerlich, und bin peinlich berührt durch jede Frau, die sich freiwillig für den Kriegsdienst entscheidet. (mit dem Hintergedanken, dass Männer eher gezwungen sind, aber das gilt dann wiederum nur für den Verteidigungsfall)

Als Heldin hätte ich auch lieber die farbige, 30 Jahre alte Mama gesehen, die als Gefangene eingeblendet wurde (leben die noch?) anstatt Miss Texas hier. In Tradition der Oscar-Verleihung von 2002 sozusagen...

Agarthe

Philipp

Geheimer Meister
8. Januar 2003
Amerikanische propagande in reinkultur...die im pentagon haben sich nur geärgert das sie kein baby hatt. das hätte bilder ergeben die diese Wixer echt gefreut hätten.
Das die kleine den militärdienst macht ist weil sie in ihrem geburtsort (ca 15% arbeitslosigkeit in der region) keine andere möglichkeit hat zu arbeit zu kommen sagt keiner dazu.
Zum kotzen echt zum kotzen...aber wenigstens ein beweis das es keinen gott gibt der hätte sich doch schon 1000 mal übergeben müssen vor lauter idiotie und grausamkeit die wir menschen verbreiten.

dkR

Großmeister aller Symbolischen Logen
10. April 2002
Das Posting ist vielleicht etwas verspätet und leicht Offtopic, aber ich finde das sollte mal erwähnt werden:

Ausschnitt aus dem Kriegsvölkerrecht: Finds leider nicht in Englisch.

B. Berechtigung zu Kriegshandlungen

1. Begriff der Kriegshandlung[ .....]

2. Berechtigung zu Kriegshandlungen ( Kombattantenstatus )

Nach dem KVR ist nur ein Teil der Bevoelkerung berechtigt, an Kriegshandlungen teilzunehmen. Wer zu diesem Personenkries gehoert, ist Kombattant. Faellt ein Kombattant in die Hand des Feindes, so wird er Kriegsgefangener und darf wegen der Teilnahme an Kriegshandlungen nicht bestraft werden

1) Streitkraefte
Die insoweit berechtigt, geschuetzte und bewaffnete Macht einer Konfliktpartei besteht aus der Gesamtheit ihrer organisierten Verbaende, Gruppen und Einheiten mit Disziplinarsystem, die einer einheitlichen Fuehrung unterstehen

Dies sind:

a) alle zum Kampf bestimmten Soldaten

b) alle Milizen und Freiwilligenkorps, deren sich die Konfliktpartei im Krieg bedient, gleichviel, ob diese in die regulaeren Streitkraefte durch Eingliederung formell aufgenommen worden sind oder nicht.
Eine Eingliederung wird der Gegenseite grundsaetzlich bekanntgemacht.

2) Levee en Masse ( Volksaufgebot )
Die Bevoelkerung eines noch nicht besetzten Gevietes, die beim Herannahen des Feindes spontan zu Waffen greif, um die eindringenden Truppen zu bekaempfe, ohne zur Bildung von Streitkraeften Zeit gehabt zu haben, wenn sie
- die Waffen offen traegt
- bei ihren kampfhandlungen das Kriegsrecht einhaelt

3) Kombattanten sind verpflichtet, sich von der Zivilbevoelkerung zu unterscheiden, solange sie an einem Angriff oder der Vorbereitung eines Angriffs beteiligt sind.
Kombattanten, die nicht uniformiert sind, muessen zumindest ein bleibendes aus der Ferne erkennbares Unterscheidungszeichen tragen und ihre Waffen offen fuehren.
Diese Kombattanten muessen, um als solche Anerkannt zu werden, zudem das Kriegsrecht einhalten.
In bereits besetzten Gebieten und in nationalen Befreiungskriegen sind aber Lagen denkbar, in denen sich ein Kaempfer nicht von der Zivilbevoelkerung unterscheiden kann und in dieser untergetaucht aus ihr heraus kaempfen muss ( Guerilla ) um erfolgreich zu sein.

Dem Guerillakaempfer wird der Kombattantenstatus zuerkannt, vorausgesetzt, dass er
- waehrend eines Angriffs
- bereits waehrend eines militaerischen Aufmarsches vor Beginn eines Angriffs seine Waffen so lange offen traegt, wie er fuer den Gegner sichtbar ist.

Demnach sind ALLE Leute die mit sichtbaren Waffen durch die Gegend laufen rechtmässige Kombattanten und haben anrecht als POW behandelt zu werden.

Eienrseits sind die US-Soldaten auch nur Menschen, klar werden sie verletzten Zivilisten und Soldaten helfen (müssen sie sogar). Andererseits werden sie sicher etwas vorsichtig sein und lieber einmal zu oft schiesen als einmal zu wenig.

A WARMONGER EXPLAINS WAR TO A PEACENIK
By Anonymous

PeaceNik: Why did you say we are we invading Iraq?

WarMonger: We are invading Iraq because it is in violation of security council resolution 1441. A country cannot be allowed to violate security council resolutions.

PN: But I thought many of our allies, including Israel, were in violation of more security council resolutions than Iraq.

WM: It's not just about UN resolutions. The main point is that Iraq could have weapons of mass destruction, and the first sign of a smoking gun could well be a mushroom cloud over NY.

PN: Mushroom cloud? But I thought the weapons inspectors said Iraq had no nuclear weapons.

WM: Yes, but biological and chemical weapons are the issue.

PN: But I thought Iraq did not have any long range missiles for attacking us or our allies with such weapons.

WM: The risk is not Iraq directly attacking us, but rather terrorists networks that Iraq could sell the weapons to.

PN: But coundn't virtually any country sell chemical or biological materials? We sold quite a bit to Iraq in the eighties ourselves, didn't we?

WM: That's ancient history. Look, Saddam Hussein is an evil man that has an undeniable track record of repressing his own people since the early eighties. He gasses his enemies. Everyone agrees that he is a power-hungry lunatic murderer.

PN: We sold chemical and biological materials to a power-hungry lunatic murderer?

WM: The issue is not what we sold, but rather what Saddam did. He is the one that launched a pre-emptive first strike on Kuwait.

PN: A pre-emptive first strike does sound bad. But didn't our ambassador to Iraq, April Gillespie, know about and green- light the invasion of Kuwait?

WM: Let's deal with the present, shall we? As of today, Iraq could sell its biological and chemical weapons to Al Quaida. Osama BinLaden himself released an audio tape calling on Iraqis to suicide-attack us, proving a partnership between the two.

PN: Osama Bin Laden? Wasn't the point of invading Afghanistan to kill him?

WM: Actually, it's not 100% certain that it's really Osama Bin Laden on the tapes. But the lesson from the tape is the same: there could easily be a partnership between al-Qaida and Saddam Hussein unless we act.

PN: Is this the same audio tape where Osama Bin Laden labels Saddam a secular infidel?

WM: You're missing the point by just focusing on the tape. Powell presented a strong case against Iraq.

PN: He did?

WM: Yes, he showed satellite pictures of an Al Quaeda poison factory in Iraq.

PN: But didn't that turn out to be a harmless shack in the part of Iraq controlled by the Kurdish opposition?

WM: And a British intelligence report...

PN: Didn't that turn out to be copied from an out-of-date graduate student paper?

WM: And reports of mobile weapons labs...

PN: Weren't those just artistic renderings?

WM: And reports of Iraqis scuttling and hiding evidence from inspectors...

PN: Wasn't that evidence contradicted by the chief weapons inspector, Hans Blix?

WM: Yes, but there is plenty of other hard evidence that cannot be revealed because it would compromise our security.

PN: So there is no publicly available evidence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?

WM: The inspectors are not detectives, it's not their JOB to find evidence. You're missing the point.

PN: So what is the point?

WM: The main point is that we are invading Iraq because resolution 1441 threatened "severe consequences." If we do not act, the security council will become an irrelevant debating society.

PN: So the main point is to uphold the rulings of the security council?

WM: Absolutely. ...unless it rules against us.

PN: And what if it does rule against us?

WM: In that case, we must lead a coalition of the willing to invade Iraq.

PN: Coalition of the willing? Who's that?

WM: Britain, Turkey, Bulgaria, Spain, and Italy, for starters.

PN: I thought Turkey refused to help us unless we gave them tens of billions of dollars.

WM: Nevertheless, they may now be willing.

PN: I thought public opinion in all those countries was against war.

WM: Current public opinion is irrelevant. The majority expresses its will by electing leaders to make decisions.

PN: So it's the decisions of leaders elected by the majority that is important?

WM: Yes.

PN: But George Bush wasn't elected by voters. He was selected by the U.S. Supreme C...-

WM: I mean, we must support the decisions of our leaders, however they were elected, because they are acting in our best interest. This is about being a patriot. That's the bottom line.

PN: So if we do not support the decisions of the president, we are not patriotic?

WM: I never said that.

PN: So what are you saying? Why are we invading Iraq?

WM: As I said, because there is a chance that they have weapons of mass destruction that threaten us and our allies.

PN: But the inspectors have not been able to find any such weapons.

WM: Iraq is obviously hiding them.

PN: You know this? How?

WM: Because we know they had the weapons ten years ago, and they are still unaccounted for.

PN: The weapons we sold them, you mean?

WM: Precisely.

PN: But I thought those biological and chemical weapons would degrade to an unusable state over ten years.

WM: But there is a chance that some have not degraded.

PN: So as long as there is even a small chance that such weapons exist, we must invade?

WM: Exactly.

PN: But North Korea actually has large amounts of usable chemical, biological, AND nuclear weapons, AND long range missiles that can reach the west coast AND it has expelled nuclear weapons inspectors, AND threatened to turn America into a sea of fire.

WM: That's a diplomatic issue.

PN: So why are we invading Iraq instead of using diplomacy?

WM: Aren't you listening? We are invading Iraq because we cannot allow the inspections to drag on indefinitely. Iraq has been delaying, deceiving, and denying for over ten years, and inspections cost us tens of millions.

PN: But I thought war would cost us tens of billions.

WM: Yes, but this is not about money. This is about security.

PN: But wouldn't a pre-emptive war against Iraq ignite radical Muslim sentiments against us, and decrease our security?

WM: Possibly, but we must not allow the terrorists to change the way we live. Once we do that, the terrorists have already won.

PN: So what is the purpose of the Department of Homeland Security, color-coded terror alerts, and the Patriot Act? Don't these change the way we live?

WM: I thought you had questions about Iraq.

PN: I do. Why are we invading Iraq?

WM: For the last time, we are invading Iraq because the world has called on Saddam Hussein to disarm, and he has failed to do so. He must now face the consequences.

PN: So, likewise, if the world called on us to do something, such as find a peaceful solution, we would have an obligation to listen?

WM: By "world", I meant the United Nations.

PN: So, we have an obligation to listen to the United Nations?

WM: By "United Nations" I meant the Security Council.

PN: So, we have an obligation to listen to the Security Council?

WM: I meant the majority of the Security Council.

PN: So, we have an obligation to listen to the majority of the Security Council?

WM: Well... there could be an unreasonable veto.

PN: In which case?

WM: In which case, we have an obligation to ignore the veto.

PN: And if the majority of the Security Council does not support us at all?

WM: Then we have an obligation to ignore the Security Council.

PN: That makes no sense.

WM: If you love Iraq so much, you should move there. Or maybe France, with all the other cheese-eating surrender monkeys. It's time to boycott their wine and cheese, no doubt about that.

PN: I give up!

biowolf

Geheimer Meister
29. Januar 2003
@Humble
dont care about some dopes from that forum,they dont represent Germany od Austria(or what else)I was glad to see Jessica free and would also be glad to see other guys "missed in action" alive too.

Some people here are living in a ferrytale,they speak about 2 killed Iraqies with white flag and forget to mention that before some iraqies used the white flag to came closer and shot at coalition trops.They ignore what just happend today,a pregnant woman commited a suicide attac at a checkpoint(3 soldiers are killed)How schould the soldiers recognize,who is dangerous and who is not?Can they read iraques minds?So if something seems to be strange to them or if iraques did not follow their orders,they shoot at all,i dont that life of soldiers is less worth that life of iraqi civilians.
If american soldiers kill 7 women and children - who cares?
If the driver dont follows their orders after a suicide attac,who is guilty?driver od soldiers?

Other question? Where did your soldiers find this chick? In a iraqi hospital? What did you think will your brave american soldiers do, if a iraqi soldier will fight like this girl has? You're right, they won't stop until they have killed him. Oh yes, i know. Americans do value life...

1)Not in iraqi hospital,but in former child hospital converted to military base for iraqi officers.2)So,americans have no prisoners of war?No 8000?They kill all iraqis?They dont care about wounded enemies?
Jessica was more worth for iraqies alive as dead,for propaganda or for gather informations,protection from bombing,etc.She was woundet 15 times her both legs and one arm are broken,torture?

Franziskaner

Ritter vom Schwert
4. Januar 2003
biowolf schrieb:
dont care about some dopes from that forum,they dont represent Germany od Austria(or what else)

Wer hat das behauptet? Und repräsentierst du Deutschland, Österreich oder was auch immer? Eben, jeder repräsentiert sich vor allem mal selbst...

I was glad to see Jessica free and would also be glad to see other guys "missed in action" alive too.

Ich persönlich wäre noch viel glücklicher, wenn die US-Regierung ihre Soldatinnen und Soldaten gar nicht erst in die Lage versetzt hätte, gefangen zu werden...

Some people here are living in a ferrytale,

Das hat mir noch keiner nachgesagt, aber einmal ist ja immer das erste Mal...

they speak about 2 killed Iraqies with white flag and forget to mention that before some iraqies used the white flag to came closer and shot at coalition trops.

Du hast das persönlich gesehen? Oder zumindest eine Aufzeichnung? Wenn nicht, ist sowohl das eine wie auch das andere erst einmal eine Vermutung. Und für mich liegen da zwei Iraker erschossen in einem Loch, eine weiße Fahne daneben und grinsende GIs drumherum. Da ist ja wohl die Frage angebracht, ob der Schusswaffengebrauch in diesem Fall korrekt ware.

They ignore what just happend today,a pregnant woman commited a suicide attac at a checkpoint(3 soldiers are killed)How schould the soldiers recognize,who is dangerous and who is not?Can they read iraques minds?

Ich wiederhole mich: Hätte ihre Regierung auf die Empfehlungen der überwältigenden Mehrheit der Staaten dieser Welt und auf die des Sicherheitsrates der Vereinten Nationen gehört, wären die Soldaten jetzt nicht in diesem Dilemma. Die Iraker wollten Saddam auch loswerden, aber genau so wollten sie keine US-Truppen in ihrem Land. Wer kann es ihnen verdenken, wenn sie sich mit allen zur Verfügung stehenden Mitteln gegen eine überlegene Armee wehren, die mit Vorliebe nächtens Bomben wirft und Städte aushungert?

So if something seems to be strange to them or if iraques did not follow their orders,they shoot at all,i dont that life of soldiers is less worth that life of iraqi civilians.

Das denke ich auch nicht. Allerdings sind die USA, in einem völkerrechtlich zumindest zweifelhaften, Präventivschlag in den Irak einmarschiert. Damit tragen jetzt plötzlich Irakis Verantwortung für US-Soldaten, die dabei gefährdet werden? Diese Verdrehung von Verantwortlichkeiten und Beweispflichten kommt mir doch suspekt vor.

Franziskaner schrieb:
If american soldiers kill 7 women and children - who cares?
If the driver dont follows their orders after a suicide attac,who is guilty?driver od soldiers?

Nun, wer hat dem Fahrer (oder vielmehr der Fahrerin) denn vorher von dem Selbstmordattentat an einer ganz anderen Stelle erzählt? Kein Strom, keine Zeitung, kein Fernsehen - aber die Frauen und Kinder in dem Auto haben natürlich zu wissen, warum da plötzlich vermummte US-Soldaten auf der Strasse stehen, mit Gewehren rumwedeln und irgendwas auf Englisch schreien. Vielleicht hatten Sie ja bei dem Anblick einfach nur Angst um Leib und Leben? Vielleicht haben sie ja deswegen Gas gegeben? Und nein, man kann ein Auto nicht durch Schüsse in die Reifen stoppen, man muss es natürlich gleich zersieben...

So,americans have no prisoners of war?No 8000?They kill all iraqis?They dont care about wounded enemies?

Nun wie viele zählen wir mal, wenn die Kriegspropaganda vorbei ist. Im übrigen habe ich nicht gesagt, dass sich die Amerikaner um verwundete Irakis nicht kümmern würden. Ich habe lediglich gefragt, wie sie sich in dem Fall verhalten würden, wenn ein irakischer Soldat in irgendeinem Schützengraben bis zum Schluss auf die Angreifer feuern würde. Und ich denke nicht, dass dieser Soldat seine Kriegsgefangenschaft erleben würde, viel eher würde Feldartillerie oder der Beschuss mit einer Rakete aus einem Hubschrauber seinem Leben ein Ende setzen.

Jessica was more worth for iraqies alive as dead,for propaganda or for gather informations,protection from bombing,etc.

Für Propaganda? Ok, dafür ist sie den USA ja auch was wert. Frage mich nur, warum ihr menschlicher Wert nicht erkannt wurde, bevor die US-Regierung sie an die Front geschickt hat?

Zur Informationsbeschaffung? Oh mann, so blöde sind die irakischen Militärs sicher auch nicht, dass sie glauben, von einer simplen Obergefreiten irgendwelche strategischen Informationen zu erhalten.

Als menschlicher Schutzschild? Oh bitte, darum haben sie den Aufenthaltsort der armen Jessi auch über das Fernsehen stündlich verbreitet, damit die Amis das Gebäude nicht bombardieren, ja?

She was woundet 15 times her both legs and one arm are broken,torture?

Vielleicht. Vielleicht ist sie ja aber entgegen der US-Darstellung gar nicht nach einem heldenhaften Kampf gefangengenommen worden sondern einfach vom LKW gefallen? Ich weiss es nicht, ich weiss nur, dass nach ihrer Befreiung im Irak noch von Schuß- und Stichverletzungen die Rede war, die während des Fluges nach Landstuhl auf wunderbare Weise verschwanden. Was für mich wieder mal belegt, dass wir in diesem Krieg erst einmal gar nichts glauben können.

Im übrigen finde ich es heuchlerisch, davon zu reden, dass in diesem Krieg ein Soldat das Leben eines anderen (gegenerischen) respektieren würde. Im Krieg geht es darum, jeden der sich einem in den Weg stellt, zu töten. Verschont werden solche, die sich ergeben (sofern sie nicht das Pech haben, mit einer weissen Flagge im Schützenloch zu liegen) und Verwundete, die ihre Waffe nicht mehr halten können. Verschont wird niemand, der aus Angst vor den Eindringlingen davonläuft oder -fährt und eventuelle Anrufe in einer fremden Sprache nicht versteht. Verschont wird niemand, der dummerweise zur falschen Zeit auf den Markt geht oder sich nachts im falschen Gebäude aufhält.

Lilith

Geheimer Meister
20. Oktober 2002
HI,

@Franziskaner

You're right!

@Biowulf

Some people here are living in a ferrytale,

You should have to learn English! What do you mean by Ferrytale? Translated in German: Fährensage? Quiet interested in having nice boattrip on a cosy, blue an nice lake in the early morning? Oh Mann!
The fairytales in what we live in are the different broadcastings showing on different TV-Channels that are bombing us with a bunch of mis-information about what happend in that war... You don't feel pissed of, when you see it?

I'm also happy to see the young Lady beeing well, but it was her own decision to go to the army. Maybe it was her decision to go there to expand her chances. Getting a Job, earn enough money, have a better live instead of unemployment or something more worse?

The opinion of most of the users of this board is the way this war begans and what happend to thousands of innocent people. People who want's to live in peace, like you and me...

By the Way ... I'm more interested in what had happend to the Black Lady, the Mother of 3 Children shown on TV last Week an captured by Iraqi people. And the Question why a Mother was sent in War...

And so - Mr.Hunble is still sleeping because he get rid of with our "stupid talkings"...?

Have a nice Day
Lilith

biowolf

Geheimer Meister
29. Januar 2003
hey, first of all,you're right,fairy not ferry,im deeeply sorry.
such a stupid mistake,forgive me.

Wer hat das behauptet? Und repräsentierst du Deutschland, Österreich oder was auch immer? Eben, jeder repräsentiert sich vor allem mal selbst...

Die Amis denken aber so,weil ihnen im Fernsehen,etc nur Gegner ihrer Politik aus D gezeigt werden(ausser vielleicht Ms.Merkel :lol:,wenn die dort überhaupt jemand kennt )Ich representire nur mich genauso wie du.

Ich persönlich wäre noch viel glücklicher, wenn die US-Regierung ihre Soldatinnen und Soldaten gar nicht erst in die Lage versetzt hätte, gefangen zu werden...
Ich auch,aber während eines Krieges ist soetwas wohl leider nicht zu vermeiden.

Du hast das persönlich gesehen? Oder zumindest eine Aufzeichnung? Wenn nicht, ist sowohl das eine wie auch das andere erst einmal eine Vermutung.

sorry aber nicht von jeder Verletzung des Genfer Konvention gibt es Videoaufzeichnungen,aber wenn würdest du sie doch auch als Amifälschung sehen,nicht wahr?Übrigens vieles was du sagst, des sind auch nur Vermutungen :wink:

Da ist ja wohl die Frage angebracht, ob der Schusswaffengebrauch in diesem Fall korrekt ware.

Da du auch nicht dabei warst,kannste nicht sagen was da vorgefallen ist.Genausogut könnten sie Amis angelockt haben um sie zu erschiessen.

Hätte ihre Regierung auf die Empfehlungen der überwältigenden Mehrheit der Staaten dieser Welt und auf die des Sicherheitsrates der Vereinten Nationen gehört, wären die Soldaten jetzt nicht in diesem Dilemma

Mehrheit der Länder steht auf der Seite der Koalition,gut die Länder,die es überhaupt interessiert,UNObeschluss ist nur wegen der Androhung des Vetos gescheitert.Was wäre wenn doch ein Beschluss gegeben hätte?Würde sich an der Situation etwas ändern?

Wer kann es ihnen verdenken, wenn sie sich mit allen zur Verfügung stehenden Mitteln gegen eine überlegene Armee wehren, die mit Vorliebe nächtens Bomben wirft und Städte aushungert
?

ich drehe die Frage mal um.Wer kann den Soldaten verdenken,dass sie ihr Leben schützen wollen?Mit allen Mitteln,die ihnen zu Verfügung stehen.
Mit Aushungern,etc ist nur Spekulation,vorallem nach erst 2 Wochen Krieg.
Damit tragen jetzt plötzlich Irakis Verantwortung für US-Soldaten, die dabei gefährdet werden? Diese Verdrehung von Verantwortlichkeiten und Beweispflichten kommt mir doch suspekt vor.

Damit meine ich folgendes:Wenn Soldaten etwas verdächtig vorkommt,schiessen sie,weil sie glauben ihr Leben sei in Gefahr,wieso sollen sie diese Gefahr ignorieren,vielleicht auf Kosten ihres Lebens,um das Leben der Iraker zu schutzen?Ist das Leben der Soldaten weniger Wert?

Nun, wer hat dem Fahrer (oder vielmehr der Fahrerin) denn vorher von dem Selbstmordattentat an einer ganz anderen Stelle erzählt? Kein Strom, keine Zeitung, kein Fernsehen - aber die Frauen und Kinder in dem Auto haben natürlich zu wissen, warum da plötzlich vermummte US-Soldaten auf der Strasse stehen, mit Gewehren rumwedeln und irgendwas auf Englisch schreien. Vielleicht hatten Sie ja bei dem Anblick einfach nur Angst um Leib und Leben? Vielleicht haben sie ja deswegen Gas gegeben? Und nein, man kann ein Auto nicht durch Schüsse in die Reifen stoppen, man muss es natürlich gleich zersieben...
Du hast recht,die Schuld liegt bei Saddam,etc die solche Anschläge befehlen,sie wissen doch genau,dass dadurch die Bevölkerung in Gefahr gerät,sie wollen es ja auch,um sie gegen die Amis aufzubringen.

Zum Reifenzerschiessen:Und wenn da ne Bombe wäre?Könnte sie der Fahrer immer noch zünden,eine gewisse Strecke könnte er trotzdem noch fahren.

Nun wie viele zählen wir mal, wenn die Kriegspropaganda vorbei ist.
Ja.

Ich habe lediglich gefragt, wie sie sich in dem Fall verhalten würden, wenn ein irakischer Soldat in irgendeinem Schützengraben bis zum Schluss auf die Angreifer feuern würde. Und ich denke nicht, dass dieser Soldat seine Kriegsgefangenschaft erleben würde, viel eher würde Feldartillerie oder der Beschuss mit einer Rakete aus einem Hubschrauber seinem Leben ein Ende
richtig,aber für irakies war es wichtig,kriegsgefangene Amis zu zeigen,etc darum wollten sie welche lebendig haben,sie haben sie doch nicht aus Nächstenliebe verschont,od?

warum ihr menschlicher Wert nicht erkannt wurde, bevor die US-Regierung sie an die Front geschickt hat?

Sie war nicht an die Front geschickt.Ihre Nachschubeinheit hat sich verfahren.Hab auch gelesen,dass die Marines sie zufällig entdeckt haben als sie diesen Stab der rep. Garde angegriffen haben,sie sollten angeblich die Operation aus anderen Gründen geführt haben,wie gesagt ich weiss nicht was die Wahrheit ist.

Als menschlicher Schutzschild? Oh bitte, darum haben sie den Aufenthaltsort der armen Jessi auch über das Fernsehen stündlich verbreitet, damit die Amis das Gebäude nicht bombardieren, ja?

Oder sich das Wohlwollen der Amis nach dem Krieg erkaufen,mit dieser Soldatin.Spekulationen,wir wissen es nicht,was die Iraker dachten.

Im übrigen finde ich es heuchlerisch, davon zu reden, dass in diesem Krieg ein Soldat das Leben eines anderen (gegenerischen) respektieren würde. Im Krieg geht es darum, jeden der sich einem in den Weg stellt, zu töten. Verschont werden solche, die sich ergeben (sofern sie nicht das Pech haben, mit einer weissen Flagge im Schützenloch zu liegen) und Verwundete, die ihre Waffe nicht mehr halten können. Verschont wird niemand, der aus Angst vor den Eindringlingen davonläuft oder -fährt und eventuelle Anrufe in einer fremden Sprache nicht versteht. Verschont wird niemand, der dummerweise zur falschen Zeit auf den Markt geht oder sich nachts im falschen Gebäude aufhält.

Absolut richtig,ich finde es aber genauso heuchlerisch,der Koalition dieses Verhalten vorzuwerfen.

The opinion of most of the users of this board is the way this war begans and what happend to thousands of innocent people. People who want's to live in peace, like you and me...

I think that those people have more chance to live in peace and prosper,without Saddam's reign.And cause there was no chance to erase Saddam and his clan without war(France and Germany also played their role in that situation)that war started.

By the Way ... I'm more interested in what had happend to the Black Lady, the Mother of 3 Children shown on TV last Week an captured by Iraqi people. And the Question why a Mother was sent in War...

I'm also interested about the all other pow,and i'm also curious about a mom of 3 childs,but they were not in a fight unit,so not directly send to the front.

And so - Mr.Hunble is still sleeping because he get rid of with our "stupid talkings"...?

maybe,maybe he got sick of us :wink:

have a nice day,too.

Gurke

Großer Auserwählter
25. März 2003
biowolf schrieb:

Hätte ihre Regierung auf die Empfehlungen der überwältigenden Mehrheit der Staaten dieser Welt und auf die des Sicherheitsrates der Vereinten Nationen gehört, wären die Soldaten jetzt nicht in diesem Dilemma

Mehrheit der Länder steht auf der Seite der Koalition,gut die Länder,die es überhaupt interessiert,UNObeschluss ist nur wegen der Androhung des Vetos gescheitert.Was wäre wenn doch ein Beschluss gegeben hätte?Würde sich an der Situation etwas ändern?
Naja, wieviel Länder gibt es denn. Über hundertneunzig. Rund 40 davon ünterstützen die laut Angabe der Staaten. Meiste sind nur Abnicker (kaum wirtschaftliche oder militärische Schwergewichte, frag mich nur wie die dazu überredet werden konnten :roll: ).

warum ihr menschlicher Wert nicht erkannt wurde, bevor die US-Regierung sie an die Front geschickt hat?

Sie war nicht an die Front geschickt.Ihre Nachschubeinheit hat sich verfahren.Hab auch gelesen,dass die Marines sie zufällig entdeckt haben als sie diesen Stab der rep. Garde angegriffen haben,sie sollten angeblich die Operation aus anderen Gründen geführt haben,wie gesagt ich weiss nicht was die Wahrheit ist.

Nicht vorn zu sein, heißt nicht nicht in Gefahr zu sein. Logistik hängt so knapp 20-30km hinter der Front. Da kann viel vorbeischaun.

Absolut richtig,ich finde es aber genauso heuchlerisch,der Koalition dieses Verhalten vorzuwerfen.
Bei denen kämpfen auch nur Menschen, und ein Krieg verändert die.

Ähnliche Beiträge

Oben Unten